Saturday, February 18, 2012

Tokyo Connection


Another foodie experience with my culinary partner at Tokyo Connection located on Jalan Progo.  I don’t feel it as Japanese restaurant, the interior obviously designed as a super cozy place with large sofas at the back area where we can see an open kitchen, over-sized mirror on a high brick wall, chandelier, and comfy balcony instead japs style. They have japs menu only in main course section including Sushi and Sashimi, Teriyaki and Donburi. But they’re fusion not originally served as in Japan. Light meals are pancakes and crepes, and they also have various type of drinks e.g. juice, tea, smoothie, coffee (low sugar, so there’s a jar of sugar on every table).

We ordered Gyu Donburi, Original Beef Teriyaki, Salmon Baked Mayo, Shake Sushi, Ice Greenpuccino and Green Tea Crush (aaah so full….our fave are sushi and green tea drink).




For short review :
  • Place : I don’t feel it has connection with Tokyo but after all it’s alright, free wi-fi, so large place and has a small shop beside selling cute Japanese stuff
  • Service : waiter/waitress always ready to serve, friendly, every table  has buttons to call out service crew (I pushed twice anyway as my Donburi was not ready after about 20 minutes while my friend didn’t have much time on that day but no waiter came to our table asking weather there was a problem. So what’s the button’s function?)
  • Ambience :  super cozy, nice
  • Taste : ok, taste good to me. I like the sushi
  • Price : standard

No comments:

Post a Comment