Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Hunger Games Trilogy


I’m kinda late reading the trilogy. My first impression about it when I read the review was “what a cruel teen fiction” and I’m not a fan of futuristic stories too anyway. But then the 3 books becomes a big hit around the world and the movie from the first book’s been made, I soon realize that I must read them :)


The writer Suzanne Collins had made such a great plot, I could not stop reading until it’s finished. Gosh, I hate futuristic theme because I often see that future always been described as a time where almost no humanity and kindness…everyone struggles for life with lack of food, water and fresh air. The strong kills the weak, poverty everywhere while some people are too rich to waste food….what a horrible world. In the Hunger Games we can learn how to survive, self-defense, appreciate family, friendship and food.


Well, it’s another best-seller fiction novels and movie. I hope I could watch the movie this weekend, I love the cast of character Katniss, Peeta and Gale. Anyway, the story about an evil government Capitol in Panem nation that forced a TV reality show “The Hunger Games” to remind the power of the government. Featuring 24 teen contestants from 12 districts who must kill each other in artificial huge arena with forest, lake, river, caves, scary mutan creatures and so on until only one survivor wins. So you gotta kill or to be killed…what would you choose? The main character Katniss and Peeta are from District 12 chosen to be part of the game.  There were violence parts, and the intense was getting higher on third book Mockingjay. Katniss un-intentionally shot a trigger and become symbol causing districts rebellion for one purpose : freedom. After I read the trilogy my impression was still the same, what a cruel…

No comments:

Post a Comment